TERMS OF REFERENCE (ToR)
1. JOB TITLE: OPERATION MANAGER
2. ORGANISATION RELATIONSHIP:
The Operation Manager reports directly to the OIC Founding Director and SOS Programme Manager and works alongside the Programme Managers, Finance Manager and other project coordinators to support the delivery of our work and mission.
3. PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Operation Manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of the organisation and ensuring the effective operation of OIC programmes and activities, including project management, budgeting, reporting, administration and staff management.
4. LOCATION: Medan office (with occasional travel to project sites)
5. SALARY: to be discussed during interview
6. STARTING DATE: 1 April 2014
7. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programme Management and Development
- Develop and implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to maximize the delivery and outcomes of our programmes and project activities,
- Identify funding opportunities and prepare funding proposals
- Produce regular project reports for donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Compile and share regular reports and updates from the field programmes in order to contribute to raising awareness of our mission, projects and impacts;
- Ensure that the OIC website and social media are updated and developed in order to maximise the promotion of our cause, enthusing existing and new audiences to support OIC and Sumatran orangutan conservation;
- Respond to enquiries from conservation partners, supporters, and media;
- Develop co-operation, networks, and partnerships with relevant local government agencies and NGOs;
- Chair regular staff meetings with Programme Managers, project coordinators and staff;
- Represent OIC in relevant events and meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Assess the needs for staff capacity building and develop necessary training programmes
- Support project staff in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programme activities through annual and monthly work plans and reports;
- Coordinate training from external experts and skills-sharing with partner organizations.
Operational and administrative Duties
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the organisation and the office;
- Implement and maintain effective budget management, reporting, administration, and staff management
We are seeking a dynamic, highly organised, and results-driven individual, with extensive experience of programme, budget and staff management within the conservation sector in Indonesia. The ideal candidate will be a native Bahasa Indonesian speaker with excellent written and spoken English. From preparing budgets to evaluating programme impacts, you will coordinate and manage a wide range of tasks, so proven organisational skills, a flexible approach and excellent attention to detail are essential.
• Substantial experience in budget and staff management within a conservation or development organisation.
• Excellent project management of multiple and diverse work streams.
• Experience in grant writing and donor reporting.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• An outstanding and confident communicator (both written and oral), with an ability to communicate effectively in a clear and professional manner.
• Well organised and self-motivated.
• High level of IT proficiency – able to manage spreadsheets, website and social media.
• A good relationship builder.
• Enthusiasm for the cause, and understanding of conservation and development issues, and an ability to represent OIC.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV including contact details of two referees, and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the post to Panut Hadisiswoyo, Founding Director of OIC: email@example.com.
Closing date: 25 March 2014
Interviews will be held on from 26-31 March 2014
Preferred start date: 1-15 April 2014