Calling Out For Program manager for the Leuser Ecosystem Conservation Program
Overview of Role: A coalition of local and international organisations are hiring a program manager to assist in the coordination of a conservation program working towards a shared goal – the protection and restoration of the Leuser Ecosystem.
We are seeking an experienced manager of collaborative conservation programs, with previous experience in the coordination of collaborative fundraising efforts, including the development of funding proposals, communicating with donors, budget development and the coordination of reporting both on the implementation of conservation programs and on program financials.
The candidate will be required to organize regular phone-conference meetings and will lead the planning of face-to-face meetings, including the management of contractors.
Salary: IDR 6 000 000 – 10 000 0000/month
Benefits: BPJS, travel allowance, stationary and wifi / phone credit allowance/ laptop/ access to an office in Medan or Banda Aceh.
Term of Contract: This position is initially offered as a full-time contract for one year, with a three-month probation period. The role requires 40 hours of work per week, with flexibility to accommodate periods of high activity and travel.
Responsibility and reporting: The program manager will report directly to staff of local conservation organizations that are based in either Banda Aceh or Medan and are involved in the execution of the collaborative conservation programs. She/he will also be required to coordinate, communicate and collaborate with staff of a number of organizations in Indonesia and abroad.
- The ideal candidate will be a diligent, highly organised, and results-driven individual, who is firm on deadlines and shows excellent attention to detail;
- An adaptable and proactive nature is essential;
- Strong communications and presentation skills, fluent in written and spoken Indonesian and English.
- Strong administration and organisational skills, with experience in program and finance management, and event planning skills.
- Competency in the use of communication and online administration tools i.e. zoom, skype, WhatsApp and shared document drives (e.g. google groups)
- An understanding of good organizational practices, able to manage multiple streams of work in a collaborative fashion, and has an ability to make decisions independently and decisively and record decisions.
- Ability to work respectfully in diverse settings and excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements.
An understanding of, and experience in, the management and implementation of conservation programmes is desired.
Main responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the development and implementation of funding proposals and conservation programs, liaison with donors, budget development and coordination of reporting both on the implementation and outcomes of conservation programs and financials.
- Overseeing the organizing of regular phone-conference meetings, including managing the schedule, collating agenda items from participants, note-taking and maintaining minutes (in English and/or Bahasa Indonesian as needed) and following up on action points that need to be taken.
- Overseeing event planning, including hiring and management of contractors, obtaining quote comparisons on venue/ accommodation/translation/transport and finalising bookings and invoices.
- Maintaining a database of decisions, finalize minutes of meetings and relevant documentation.
- Supporting working group coordinators with the facilitation, preparation and organisation of working group meetings and follow up.
- Ensuring accountable budget management, including finalization of the Terms of References and the scope of program works before allocation of funding.
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy working relationship amongst organizations, establishing best practices and procedures for collaborative efforts, and propose administrative improvements where necessary.
Applications and CV should be submitted by the 20th of May, 2019 to the following email address: email@example.com